HOW DO I HIRE?
- You can give us a call at any branch and order a tool for delivery, or you can visit us at the branch nearest to you. Hire-It! has 9 branches throughout the Cape Peninsula, making us the largest and the nearest to you.
- Bring along your ID document.
- Bring along the required deposit (Dep = 3 day hire charge).
- 1 Day hire is 24 Hours. The amount of days are automatically deducted from the deposit & the balance refunded upon return of the machine.
- Hire-It! deliver and collect on scheduled trips, throughout the Cape Peninsula (you are due to notice one of the many Hire It! service and delivery vehicles somewhere in the Peninsula traffic next time you are on the road).
- Hire-It! charges 1 day over the weekend from 14h00 Friday to 08h30 Monday morning.
- Hire-It! employs and trains efficient, knowledgeable staff who are capable to assist with any enquiry.
- Hire-It! has been in operation for more than 36 years, making us the most knowledgeable and experienced hire shop to assist you!
- Hire-It! stocks technically advanced, user friendly, safe and well maintained equipment, distributed by reliable suppliers advertising in this webpage.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT HIRED EQUIPMENT
- There’s no insurance on hired equipment. Hired tools should therefore be treated in the same way as you would your own.
- We stock certain consumables for machines at additional cost to the hiring cost of the machine, such as floor sanding paper, belt sanding belts, grinding discs, grinder blades etc.
IF THE TOOL BREAKS WHILE I USE IT?
- We simply replace it without cost! Only if the tool/s is/are damaged due to mishandling, a repair charge is involved.
REASONS TO THINK HIRE IT! RATHER THAN BUY IT!
Virtually all equipment is subject to occasional breakdowns. However, when hired equipment breaks down, idle time is minimised through replacement by the hire company and repair costs are eliminated.
Hired equipment includes full maintenance, no repair shop, no spare parts inventory, no mechanics, no added maintenance payroll or maintenance record keeping.
- Equipment Obsolescence
Ownership of equipment involves the risk of rising wage costs and slower job completion time due to owning worn, obsolete models when new, better, faster models are available from Hire-It!
- Minimum Inventory
Ownership can be very expensive when equipment is idle. Combining ownership of basic equipment with hired equipment as needed will minimise idle time.
- Right Equipment for the Job
Eliminate the hidden costs of inefficiency due to use of wrong size or type of equipment and the maintenance and repair incurred. Hiring equipment ensures the right equipment for the job.
Use of hired equipment eliminates the need for large storage areas/buildings, thus overhead in your cost of doing business is minimised.
Personal property taxes and licence costs are eliminated on hired equipment.
- Conservation of Capital
Hiring construction equipment frees your capital for other potentially more profitable uses.
- Increase in Borrowing Capacity
Contractors who hire instead of purchase find borrowing easier with better ratio of assets to liabilities since equipment does not appear on the balance sheet. The normal line of bank credit is not disturbed, a most important asset in securing bonds for construction work.
- Disposal Costs
Preparing used, obsolete equipment for resale, advertising and selling time are factors of ownership that do not occur in hiring.
- Cost Control
Knowing the true costs of owned equipment is difficult. Hired equipment offers you just one accountable cost figure, the hire invoice cost.
- Inventory Control
The presence of continuous billing on hired equipment establishes personal accountability. Inventory loss due to pilferage is minimised.